They play atmospheric progressive rock / metal in the best traditions of Tool and The Dream Theatre. Epic sound, vocals perfectly aligns with the emotional atmosphere of each composition, instrumental parts are very rich and expressive. All together it creates a challenging vision.
1. Is there a story behind your song Iron Mold?
Iron Mold is essentially the first track of the album so in a sense it is an introduction to the album, lyrically i mean. It speaks of the struggles of personal identity in an estranged modern world where every aspect of our lives is commodified and our connection with the natural world is virtually nonexistent.
2. What do you think of episode 103? Which of the other featured songs do you like the most?
I'm listening to your podcast now so i'll have to get back to you.
3. What bands from your country/city would you recommend to those who like your music?
We recommend Red Fang from Portland.
4. What was your motivation to write your latest studio work - a self titled concept album? What were your goals? Are some of them achieved?
We wanted to write and perform an epic full length album that was one song. We wanted to write something powerful that would express the way we see the world and the way we experience life.
5. In your profile on R&R World, we can see some cool artwork. Who designed it? Could you share links to some other works of this designer?
All our artwork is done by our singer Ben Jackson. You can check out some more stuff on our Facebook page.
Listen to "Iron Mold" in ArenaCast E103
Check out more tracks from A((WAKE))
Follow A((WAKE)): Facebook | Twitter