Stories that Eva-Maria tells in her songs based on her personal experiences. Rock beats and guitars alternate with beautiful voice of Eva-Maria and catchy solo guitar, creating a complete musical canvas with a powerful sound and a recognizable vocal. Looking forward to the debut album of Eva-Maria which will be released in February 2012!
1. Tell us in one word why you create music?
2. Is there a story behind your song "Fear"?
”Fear” popped up during a tumultuous time in my life. It's about the feeling of not belonging anywhere, yearning for external acceptance and finding out the hard way that the most important thing is to accept yourself for who you are.
3. What do you think of episode 102? Which of the other featured songs do you like the most?
Great episode. I really enjoyed the variety of music being played. I'm a sucker for Icelandic music and artists, so I would have to say that Mógil with ”Uglan Mín Fín” was my favorite song among the featured artists.
4. What bands from your country/city would you recommend to those who like your music?
There's so much great music in Sweden today, but if I were to recommend music to the ones that like my music, you should definitely check out the following artists:
- Lotti & The Mizuna Greens
- - A phenomenal and talented singer/songwriter from the southern part of Sweden. I'm excited to announce that Lotti and I will be collaborating on her forthcoming album!
- Sara Thuresson
- - Malmö-based singer/songwriter. With her magical music and piano skills, she knows how to grab a hold of you.
- The Valottes
- - A band based in my current town, Hässleholm. We've shared the same stage a couple of times, and these guys don't just make great music, they're lovely lads off-stage as well and deserve the best
I think what connects us is the way we translate and embed the general feeling of seething melancholia in Northern Europe into our own individual sound and expression.
5. What is your main aim for 2012?
The main aim for 2012 will be the release of my debut album ”Where Spiders Sleep” in February. Doing lots of PR for it, which will hopefully generate even more gigs and attention this year. I'm also writing new material for my next project, which will take a slightly different direction.
Listen to "Fear" in ArenaCast E102
Check out more tracks from Eva-Maria Junker
Follow Eva-Maria Junker: Facebook | Official site