Their music is pulsating like blood in your veins. Hypnotic Mark`s rhythms are complemented by a deep, shoegazing sound of Nathan`s guitar and monolithic T. New`s bass. All of this together create a truly fantastic picture, the last strokes of which are bright T. New`s back vocals and the recitative, tenacious Nathan`s vocal. The debut Grassfight EP called "Icon" is available for free download on the Grassfight official site.
1. How do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your main goal as a band?
We see ourselves driving through Arizona on a big, chartered tour bus thinking "Tucsan was great, maybe we should play one of the new song's for the Las Vegas crowd tonight, these cactuses are huge." We want to be bigger than Tide.
2. Can you name some peculiarities that define the music scene in your town/country?
New York's scene is just like any other scene, just bigger. There are more good bands, more bad bands, more buzzes, and more people not going to shows.
3. What do you think of episode 105? Which of the other featured songs do you like the most?
Loved the ArenaCast episode, I'll be tuning in again. My favorite was probably Duke`s "En El Fondo".
4. Is there a story behind your song No Sense?
It's just a nice song about a nice evening.
5. Please share your nearest plans. What are you currently working on?
We're going to release a collection of songs this Spring - the other half of the songs recorded at the same time as our current EP, Icon. We are also going into the studio this weekend to start on recording another 20+ songs to be released at a later time.
Listen to "No Sense" in ArenaCast E105
Check out more tracks from Grassfight
Follow Grassfight: Facebook | Official site | Twitter