They capture the spirit of the Black Keys and the Stone Roses but in their own unique way. Kodakid play high-quality indie rock and even the toughest skeptic claiming that the era of rock`n`roll has passed away with the 70s couldn't stop their feet from tapping along to these songs.
Turn the volume up when you listen to Kodakid!
1. How do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your main goal as a band?
Hopefully with a successful album under our belt and playing some of the best venues and festivals across Europe. Making money isn't a big priority for us as there isn't much in music any more, we just want to get our music out to as many people as possible and get to play it for them live.
2. Can you name some peculiarities that define the music scene in your town/country?
Its pretty odd that although Waterford isn't known for its support of its local bands that hasn't stopped a number of diverse acts to get national recognition. Bands like ourselves, Solar Taxi, Propeller Palms and of course O Emperor before us have carved out a name for themselves on the national stage outside Waterford.
3. What do you think of episode 105? Which of the other featured songs do you like the most?
Episode 105 was very good. So many great unknown bands out there. Odoghan's Sail to The Moon has a great energy to it!
4. Is there a story behind your song Low 7?
The song tries to capture that contrast of working like a dog during the week and waiting to forget it all and have a good time at the weekend. Something many can relate to I hope.
5. Please tell us about your video “Shake Skin”. Who was working on it? Who has created the idea and the concept?
Shake Skin video: We wanted a look/style that suited the vibe of the song through a visual performance.
Listen to "Low 7" in ArenaCast E105
Check out more tracks from Kodakid
Follow Kodakid: Facebook | Official Site | Twitter